Saturday, December 19, 2009

A holiday story(via Terri) edited;

A sick man turned to his doctor as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said, Doctor, I’m afraid to die. Can you tell me what lies on the other side?
Very quietly, the doctor said, I don't know!

You don't know? You're a Christian man, and you don't know what's on the other side? The doctor was just then holding the handle of the door; and on the other side of that door, came the sound of very excited, scratching and whining. And as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room, and leaped upon him with an eager show of gladness.

Turning to the patient, the doctor said, did you notice my dog reaction? He's never been in this room before, and he didn't know what was inside. Actually, he knew nothing except that his master was in here, and when the door opened, he sprang in to me, without any fear whatsoever. So, I may know a little of what’s on the other side of death, But I do know one thing for sure, I know my Master is there, and that is enough.

So as you venture up and over hill and dale this holiday season, remember this:
May you trust God openly, that you are exactly where you are meant to be every moment between now, and when your steps are no longer your own.