Sunday, May 10, 2009

You know how I love you(?);

And you're not sure why?

Well, on this day, perhaps you should consider why
others are unable to love you in the way(s) that I do,
and in that, you'll understand why.

For me, love is the reality of anothers being.
Not how they look,
nor how the feel,
or even, how they feel next to me.

Love, not unlike a mother,
is an entity, that fulfills a promise that in actuality,
we have no control over, for it was prgrammed from that start!

You know how I love you?

How my love radiants all around and within you?

This kind of love I give because it is not mine to hold on to!

You, you I love you because in doing so,
I complete the promise that came with your birth.

Not that I was you father
though I am.

Not that I'm your mother,
though, I often am that too.

You,
you know how I love you?

You,
you I love w/out reservation.

Which is the promise of birth,
even if your mother didn't get the memo.....